Tuesday 6 December 2016

Alpha Baker catch-up no. 2 - Raisin cinnamon awirl* bread

This is another catch-up post which I'm squeezing in before the Alpha Bakers hang up their alphas and become ordinary bakers again. I made this Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread quite a long time ago and I don't remember much about it except that it was a very straightforward process.

I also remember that the bread was delicious and that my loaf came out looking quite handsome with a nice rounded top. As you can see in the top photo, there's a gaping hole between the top of the bread and the first swirly bit, which means I did something wrong. Possibly not a tight enough roll. And now I come to think about it I remember that I found the instructions for rolling the dough up a bit mystifying.

The swirl is pretty to look at (even a half-hearted one like mine) but my favourite type of raisin bread is one with the spices mixed through it. I think this dough would shine more as buns, rather than a loaf. Then you could add icing...

*somehow I mis-typed swirl as 'awirl' but I quite liked it, so I left it.

My last catch-up will be the Luscious Apple Pie which I missed making with the Alpha Bakers last year, I think. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great height! I very much like "awirl"-aptly describes my Baking Bible attempts of just soldering on and giving it a whirl. It's a bit sad to think we have reached the end and are hanging up our Alpha aprons. My brother said "You aren't going to know what to do with yourself." I assured him I most certainly would; go back to reading cookbooks like fiction.

    ReplyDelete