Sunday 29 March 2015

Belated Oaty Biscuits

I missed the boat on posting the Luxury Oatmeal Cookies with the other Alpha Bakers due to a busy week. So just a few details on these biscuits.

I saw biscuits were on the schedule again and thought, 'great, an easy week'. I should have known better. The recipe calls for the making of granola before making the biscuits. Unbelievable. I guess Rose did say they were luxurious. 


But in fact neither the granola or the biscuits themselves took long to do. The granola includes quite a lot of maple syrup and comes out quite sticky (and delicious). The biscuit base is mixed in the food processor then sultanas and chocolate chips are added with the granola. I used supermarket milk chocolate chips instead of bittersweet just because I ran out of time to shop around.


My biscuits spread a bit on baking but I had to use a dark metal tray so that may have made a difference. Overall I liked these biscuits but I would probably cut down the sweetness. The milk chocolate chips may have increased the sweetness as well as the sugar and maple syrup.


We had a neighbourhood get together this week so I bagged up my biscuits for the trading table. The sign says Choc Chip Oaties because, well, you have to give the people what they know.

Up in just a few hours is Cran-Raspberry Upside Down Cake.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made it just under the wire! I like the name "oaties." It sounds homier than cookies (or even than biscuits).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made it just under the wire! I like the name "oaties." It sounds homier than cookies (or even than biscuits).

    ReplyDelete